Formed in 1972, The City of Wolverhampton Brass Band are a friendly group of dedicated musicians based in Warstones, Wolverhampton.
Rehearsals take place each Thursday evening between 7:30 and 9:30pm at the "Busy Buildings" Centre in Warstones, Wolverhampton, and new players are always welcome.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Rehearsals resume on Thursday 11th January after the Christmas break.
The City of Wolverhampton Brass Band are recruiting new members!
Have you had a break from banding and want to get back into it? Are you dreading the thought of rehearsing the area test piece for months on end? Do you enjoy playing, but can’t commit to a twice a week contesting band? Do you already play with another band but fancy an extra night out of the house, fancy sitting in a seat with more responsibility/ that’s more challenging, or just feel tempted by a change of scenery?
If so, drop us a message using the contact form or via Facebook Messenger. Alternatively get in touch with our MD Thomas Brown on Facebook, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), via WhatsApp, or via phone (07522 162569).
- A spacious rehearsal venue with clean toilets.
- A friendly group of musicians, who have enjoyed being challenged and improving over the last year, under our knowledgeable and professional musical director.
- Once weekly rehearsals – Thursdays, 7:30 – 9:30 in Warstones.
- A sensible diary, including performances at the Ironbridge Festival, sold out concerts at St Chad’s, Coseley, and next year we plan to perform at Pershore Midsummer Brass. We haven’t competed since 2017.
- An opportunity to be involved in shaping the band, e.g. suggesting music, being involved with the committee, having input into our direction – e.g. which festivals, concert series, or even competitions we attend.
- Free instrument loan.
We have added some more engagements. Please check the Concerts page for details.